Chequers Helpline
08000 936539
3:04:48PM, Sunday 21st of December 2014 BCCA Logo
Home About us Branches Cheques Cashed Bureau de Change Other Services
What types of cheques do we cash?

We cash a variety of good third party cheques, here are just some of them:
  • Wages cheques
  • Council & Local Authority cheques
  • Insurance payments
  • Inland Revenue rebates
  • Finance company cheques
  • Government Giros
  • Sub-contractors payments
If yours is not on the list, check with us we may still be able to help (some pre-clearance maybe necessary).

Please note we do not cash personal cheques and Tradesman should be able to provide the address of the client they have been working for.
What ID is acceptable?

We require a minimum of two forms of identification - at least one form of photo identification and a further form of address identification:

  • Passport (not one year)
  • Driving Licence
  • Inland Revenue contractors card
  • Encapsulated Photo ID card
  • Birth certifi cate

  • Bank Statement or BS book
  • Tenancy agreement
  • Solicitors/accountants letter
  • Utility bill
  • HP or Loan agreement
  • DSS Benefi t book
What Else Do You Need?

In addition to the forms of identifi cation you may be asked to provide the following, depending upon the type of cheque you have:
  • Wages
    • Your Payslip
  • Sub-contractor payments
    • Copy Invoice
  • Inland Revenue Rebate
    • Calculation paperwork
  • Insurance Payments
    • Remmittance Advice
  • Loans
    • Accompanying letters
In all cases you will be asked to provide the address and other contact information for the drawer of the cheque, particularly tradesmen who have performed services for private individuals.